The Philoptochos Society is the duly accredited international women's philanthropic organization of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. The St. Andrew Chapter (SAWPS) remains active in carrying out its mission by helping those in need as well as supporting our church community.
2017-2019 SAWPS Officers
President: Fotine Bloom
Vice President: Vonnie Karafotias
Recording Secretary: Anastasia Bardouniotis
Corresponding Secretary: Cindy Lynch
Treasurer: Patty Harrison
Assistant Treasurer: Demetra Christus
2017-2019 SAWPS Board
PHILOPTOCHOS PRAYER|CLICK HERE
St. Andrew's Philoptochos Outreach Projects/Programs| Click Here
Upcoming Philoptochos Events
- July - 45th Annual Clergy & Laity Philoptochos Biennial Convention
- August 31 - "Not Your Yiayia's Philoptochos"
- September 1 - Soup Kitchen - First Presbyterian Church - Evanston, IL
- September 20 - General Meeting - Potluck Dinner - 6:30 pm
- September 21 - Making Sack Lunches for Sarah's Circle
- September 22 - Metropolis Fall Luncheon - Cafe La Cave - Des Plaines, IL
- October 6 - Soup Kitchen - First Presbyterian Church - Evanston, IL
- October 19 - Making Sack Lunches for Sarah's Circle
- November 3 - Soup Kitchen - First Presbyterian Church - Evanston, IL
- November 16 - Making Sack Lunches for Sarah's Circle
- December 1 - Soup Kitchen - First Presbyterian Church - Evanston, IL
- December 8 - Annual Dinner Dance - Westmoreland Country Club, Wilmette, IL
- December 14 - Making Sack Lunches for Sarah's Circle
Note: Above dates and times subject to change. Watch your Sunday Bulletin, email or upcoming events notices
Philoptochos is you and me making a difference
National Philoptochos is the largest women's Christian charitable organization in the US.
We are 27,000 strong nationwide!!
St. Andrew’s Women’s Philoptochos Society (SAWPS) chapter supports and helps those in need here in our community, and beyond. Philoptochos assists the elderly, the sick, and the poor. We give to Orthodox missions, IOCC, St. Basil’s Academy, local hospitals, neighborhood food pantry and other places. Philoptochos works to make the lives of others better. Please consider renewing your stewardship or joining Philoptochos and see how you can help!!
Suggested Annual Stewardship Donation: $40.00
To be distributed as follows:
National Philoptochos: $15.00 & Metropolis Philoptochos: $6.00
Any additional amount supports the good works of our chapter.
Please click here for Stewardship Form.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the National Philoptochos website, please visit www.philoptochos.org
NATIONAL PHILOPTOCHOS ENVIRONMENT RESPONSIBILITY COMMITTEE|CLICK HERE
Inspired by His All Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, the National Philoptochos Environment Responsibility Committee continues to heighten the awareness of our members in their relationship with the environment
METROPOLIS OF CHICAGO CALENDAR OF EVENTS|CLICK HERE
10th Sunday of Matthew; Return of the Body of Bartholomew the Glorious Apostle; Titus the Apostle of the 70; John the Cappadocian, Epiphanius and Menas, Patriarchs of Constantinople; Holy Father John of Carpathia; Ebba, First Abbess of Coldingham